1. Several weeks ago I was told that Joe Scarborough on "Morning Joe " held up my book and said, "Great book. Buy It!"
2. I sent a letter to the President of Ukraine since that is where the Scythians are from as well as having Scythian gold objects in their museums. Click here to see the letter!
3. M.J.Scott,USA Marilyn. Abbot, your book has just arrived. I read the back cover and Author's Notes FIRST. I'm totally intrigued that a prayer asked, has been answered. "Lord teach me more...when the student is ready the teacher will appear." I share this with my initial introduction to your CROWNS OF GOLD. Thank you for our surprise meeting.....keep writing....and I'll keep reading! I ask people, "Do You read?" Happily I begin your authoritative written journey into cultures often unrecognized. Respectfully.
4. I sent a copy of the book to Queen Elizabeth because of the Scythian's history in England. Click here to see the letter!
5. Ray Troiano, Virginia Beach VA - retired neurologist, former Medical Director of Virginia Beach General Hospital. I recently completed reading Crowns of Gold, a historical fiction novel by Virginia Beach Psychiatrist Dr. Abbot Granoff. I thoroughly enjoyed the read. Not only did I learn about the history of the Scythians, an ancient, nomadic warrior, ethnic group from central Asia who I was totally unfamiliar with, but I learned about the influence they had in the development of civilization in their region, but also into western Asia, and even as far as eastern Europe, Their history is fascinating and was clearly painstakingly researched by the author. Also, tying the legend of the Scythians to the modern day scourge of illicit drug trafficking, provided a plot line that resulted in a tense and suspenseful story that was difficult to put down. However, even as the plot unfolded in modern day times, the history lessons of this novel did not end. The author taught us much about the history of the North Carolina Outer Banks, the development of the colony and then Commonwealth of Virginia, and about the growth of the city of Virginia Beach, best known as a tourist attraction but actually the largest city in our state, with close ties to the military. It was fun to follow the action as it moved to various locations in Virginia Beach, places I was familiar with or had even visited myself. This novel also educated this reader about some of the inner workings of modern-day drug smuggling operations - a problem impacting every American in some way. The development of the novel's main characters was masterful. One could clearly see the character and personality traits that resulted in the ancient Scythians becoming the ruthless warriors they were, and how these traits were seemingly "passed down" to their modern day descendants and became useful as they attempted to achieve their nefarious goals and illegally-obtained wealth. One could also identify the character traits that make the book's protagonists, former Navy SEAL's and agents of from agencies such as the DEA, ATF, NSA, FBI, NCIS, and CIA, such fearless defenders of our rights and protectors of our safety. Therefore, I highly recommend Crowns of Gold as a great yet realistic story, with excellent, relate-able characters, set in a real and popular location, all rolled into a truly enjoyable and informative history lesson.
6. T.M. Michael's, Melbourne, Florida I was fully prepared not to be impressed with Dr. Abbot L Granoff’s first attempt at a fiction novel. After all he is a psychiatrist from Virginia Beach, Virginia. What could he know about the international drug trade? I was very pleasantly surprised. As a retired book store owner, I have written many critiques and I found Crowns of Gold to be a very well crafted novel. The characters are credible and well developed. The historical references are accurate as well as the modern locations described. The plot enjoys a satisfying blend of the old and the new that readers have come to expect in a top thriller. To my taste thrillers do not get much better than this. My congratulations to the author for a job well done. Highly recommended!
7. M.J.Scott,USA Marilyn. Abbot Granoff Fan Club
Hello Abbot! I celebrate your CROWNS OF GOLD by awesome authorship! You have already surpassed Tom Clancy's The Hunt for Red October! This is a book review on Crown's of Gold. It will tantalize and get the corridors of the mind racing with each page. The addict for thrills will soar to new adrenalin highs. It will build awareness in the intriguing culture of growing opium and transforming it into heroin then smuggling and distributing it. In addition it will suggest ways to deal with not only heroin laced with fentanyl but also other dangerous drugs. For 'foodies' your appetite will be lured into new recipes providing foreign tastes. This author extraordinaire will become your personal flight pilot. Get your Boarding Pass at Gate One: From his website where you can get a personalized autographed copy, your local bookstore or Amazon.com.
8. Skip Keith, Hampton Roads Writers Dr. Granoff, I’ve finished your book, Crowns of Gold. I enjoyed it very much! The first very short chapter threw me off at the very start but then as I read on it gave the story a feel of a military operation while introducing the two retired SEAL heroes. Then the history lesson and main story began. Congratulations on the book. More to come? I will be waiting for a follow up.
9. Jamie Everett - September 3, 2019 Abbot, I finished your book “Crowns of Gold”, and it was exciting to the very end! Very good work! Gonna get a couple more copies from you for Christmas presents this year ...would certainly love for you to autograph them for me.....